~ When parents get involved everyone benefits!
Creating a strong community is one of the best ways to support our students and families at Parkwoood.
Getting involved in your child’s classroom doesn’t just benefit your child. Getting active in your classroom community will have a significant impact on other parents, the teachers and our community.
We envision Classroom Communities where:
- Parents know each other and the students in the classroom.
- Parents support each other and feel encouraged to connect with one another.
- Parents feel some ownership of the broader school community.
- Parents and teachers work hand in hand with one another to create the best possible learning environment for the students.
- A culture of respect, acceptance, inclusivity and involvement is fostered.
As each classroom community consists of many different families, there is no ‘one size fits all approach’ to building each individual classroom community. Every classroom community will look different.
Enjoy creating yours!
Click here here to see how you can initiate your classroom community.
For more information please contact:
- Sarah Glasser, PTA Chair Classroom Communitees –
- Marion Mohrlok, PTA Communications –