Job responsibilites: Treasurer
- Maintains permanent records to track unit funds and financial transactions
- Chairs budget committee and prepares annual budget for adoption by the association
- Pays all PTA bills as authorized by board or association
- Prepares reports for every board and association meeting and an annual financial report
- Ensures taxes and reports required by PTA bylaws, insurance or federal and state governments are completed and submitted by the due dates
This is a year round position. As well as taking care of each of the responsibilities listed above, it is most beneficial if the Treasurer can be at all monthly PTA meetings, every community event that includes collecting of money, and available at least once a week to pick up money from the PTA lock box in the school office and deposit it at the bank.