April 2008 Archives
nomation committee met today 4/14
Create a table at the ice cream social for volunteers to inquire on open positions and signing up for the board.
Open elected board positions; President, Treasurer, VP Communication, VP Enrichment
Also do an open call for Committee Chairs
Will take place on Friday 4/18 @ 2:35pm. Ms. Ibachs class will do a song and then we will present the award recipients.
Awards dessert on April 30th @ 7PM. We bought 4 tickets. 2 will go to the award recipients, 1 for Laura Ploudre and 1 for Jill Smith.
Michelle and Heather will prepare Parkwood PTA display that will be posted at the presentation.
- Embrace Shoreline; asked them to do landscape cleanup of Parkwood. They may have as many as 100 volunteers. Will take place on Saturday May 3rd. Do a call for parkwood volunteers to join in with Embrace Shoreline instead of doing a seperate clean up. A free lunch will be provided to all volunteers.
Need to determine the number of volunteers for the evening of the event
Need cash box for sale of concessions
Ice Cream Social
All volunteers have been secured
Moving start time to 6pm to match readerboard announcement
Will add a revolving slide show of the kids while people are mingling
Will have a table to promoting membership to the YMCA and they will donate $50 Y bucks. YMCA marketing director will have 5 minutes @ 7:00 to talk about the new YMCA and the programs.
Party Central is willing to give us 500 pre-labeled gift certificates worth $5. For every customer who usesthe gift cards and spends over $10, we will give your school 10% back. Michelle will get the gift certifiates and distribute the night of the ice cream social.
May 9th @ 6pm
Will the PTA split the funding for custodial services. $70 total - $35 for the PTA. Motion to pay the fee. Approved by the board.
- Are we doing a movie night on April 30th? Declined by the board because there are too many events already on the calendar.
Meeting adjourned: 8:15pm
Parkwood PTA Board of Directors Meeting April 14, 2008 Agenda
7:00 Board Meeting Starts Agenda
- Approve Minutes from March - Heather Petersen
- Treasurer Update - Gordon McPherson
- Nomination Commitee Update
- Awards Assembly - Michelle Manis/Heather Petersen
- Talent Show
- Ice Cream Social - Sarah Howard
- Heritage Night - Sarah Howard
- Parkwood Garden - Kabrina Kimbrell/Michelle Manis
- Website training - Michelle Manis/Heather Petersen
Parkwood PTA Board of Directors Meeting March 17, 2008
This meeting called to order at 7:00pm. A sign-in sheet is attached to these minutes.
Secretary Heather Petersen Minutes
- Minutes approved as presented
Treasurer Gordon McPherson Financial Repo
- Budget presented. we may be short for the year depending on what the projection is for the remaining fundraisers.
- Ice Cream social funds are dedicated to the totem pole project
New website has been launched
- Training session for all board members on how to update content at 4/14 board meeting
- > All content should be reviewed by the relevant group and changes can be submitted to the webmaster
- Nominating committee - Jane Powers, Michael Laycock, and Jan Pembrook
- > Present updates on positions at 4/14 board meeting
- Spring clean up committee? Need volunteers.
Meeting adjourned: 8:00pm